Saturday, 14 December 2013

Discurso en el Congreso de la República del Perú

Not too long ago, I was given the most amazing opportunity by Rotary - to address the President of the Peruvian Congress at a formal function, on behalf of the 40-odd Rotary exchange students living here in Lima, Peru during 2013-2014. While I am an avid public speaker, and I have spoken in NSW Parliament before, as well as much larger audiences than the one at Congress, I was actually quite nervous this time. Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that it was all in formal, proper Spanish (as opposed to the everyday Spanish I usually speak here), or maybe because I was being recorded live on national TV (with a sign language interpreter and all!). 



In the end, it went really well, and I am so grateful for receiving an opportunity like this - it's definitely something I'll never forget! Hopefully I can also get a copy of the broadcast of my speech - so stay tuned, because if I can, I'll put it on here (with subtitles of course!).


No comments:

Post a Comment